Monday, June 23, 2008

Wow...

What a whirlwind of a week! The week was packed with VBS, campus ministry, sight seeing and a lot of Italian food. Those of us who are not enjoying an extended vacation in Italy made it back to Fort Worth late Saturday night with thankfully much less travel issues than last weekend.

One of the first things I noticed when we were back in the states was the wonderful sight of a water fountain. The pleasure we find in the small things when we have been paying 1-3 euros for water all week!

While I am still processing the whole journey, I think the overarching thing that I will take from this mission is the sovereignty of God. Despite Satan's efforts to frustrate us with flight delays, hotel mix-ups, and trains going on strike, we always ended up being where we needed to be when we needed to be there. We also entered this experience expecting to spend the bulk of our time aiding Agape Italia and their college campus ministry (of which we still did), but God also sovereignly placed us in Italy to help make Florence's first VBS a reality. I pray that this outreach would really have an impact on the community surrounding Logos Church.

Isaiah 55:8-9
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Aubrey

No comments: